Choose Chippewa Valley Realty Group, LLC in Altoona, Wisconsin to assist you with buying a home.
1. Meet with a home loan officer and get pre-approved for a loan. Need a recommendation? Feel free to ask your Chippewa Valley Realty Group real estate agent to recommend a loan officer who has performed well for our previous clients.
2. Specify your wants, needs and budget. It helps to focus your search on a few neighborhoods.
3. View homes for sale that meet your criteria. You'll probably want to see enough homes to feel comfortable in your marketplace. When you find the perfect home, be prepared to act fast.
4. Make an offer and negotiate the terms. Trust your Realtor to prepare and present your offer to the seller in the best possible light. Counter-offers are common. Be prepared to be a little flexible on price, closing date, appliances, or repairs.
5. Consider a home inspection and warranty. A Home Warranty Program offers you the safety of an inspection and the security of a warranty, combined to protect you from unexpected expenses. Arrange for a professional home inspection. This is your best chance to carefully evaluate the property's systems and structure. An experienced, outside professional is worth every penny.
6. Shortly before closing, do a final walk-through of the house. Make sure that everything you thought was included in the purchase agreement remains on the property .
7. Close on your new home. Your closer, real estate agent, and loan officer will walk you through the process.
Buying a Home in Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Whether you're a first-time home buyer or a veteran, buying a home is a complex process. The first thing you need to do is figure out what type of home you want to buy. Is it a older home or a new one? What amenities do you want it to have? Then use our website search and call us! We can help you find homes that match your criteria, notify you when new homes become available, and take you to see as many as you like in person.